Thursday, May 13, 2010

Not quite not pregnant.. but okay with the loss.

After describing my entire embarrasing story about my mucous and not starting and the negative tests to my OB instructor if was concluded that I did indeed ovulate on the 18th as predicted and the ovum was fertilized but due to my unuasally high fever of 102.8 the embryo was unable to attach to the uterine lining to implant. So essentially she said I had a misscarrage. I'm okay with that because I know that high fevers during the first few weeks often lead to neural tube defects in infants and therefore I feel it was a good thing that things worked out this way. We are going to try again this next few months and cross our fingers for girls!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. That's disappointing and unfortunate. I'm glad to hear that you seem to be okay with it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes there's a better plan that we can't see. I'm glad you know that too, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete