Friday, April 10, 2009

run of the house...

Since today was the last day of spring break , I let the boys have one last sleep over. I knew they would be rowdy as all of them usually are but they were out of control.... within a few minutes of them arriving they managed to disassemble a toy and turn it into swords, breaking 3 of the pieces to it... then they decided to go to the neighbors and bounce on their trampoline for a while, only to come back 10 min later saying they asked them to leave for fighting... so they played video games and talked loudly all night even though I repeatedly told them to go to sleep and keep the noise down... They also decided it was time to eat at 1am apparently and proceeded to raid my cabinets and wastefully use food that was supposed to last until the 15th. Now for most homes kids eating food is fine.. but in our home its only allowed at sleep overs and only at dinner and breakfast, since we are very tight with our cash we cant allow eating frenzies to take place like this or we don't eat for a day... needless to say they used all my eggs, half a loaf of bread, and didn't clean up after themselves. I woke up to the sound of my stove being turned on and my 9 yr old cooking breakfast for his friend, yet another rule broken, no cooking unsupervised... I have since told the boys when their friends leave at noon, they will be staying in and cleaning up their messes and their bathroom. And NO more sleepovers!! I'm steaming the way my kids and their friends behaved... I don't remember ever being that bad, but maybe its because I'm a girl. at any rate, I'm not cleaning it!

1 comment:

  1. Ah man! Good for you for making them clean it up.

    I know with my boys I have to lay out the expectations for an event very explicitly beforehand as well as consequences of not meeting those expectations. I think a lot of times boys don't think things through before doing it. So *somehow* we have to teach them to think before they act! Let me know if you figure out how to do that!

    ReplyDelete