Saturday, August 29, 2009

If only I had a magic wand and a suitcase full of cash...

So its been a busy 2 weeks here in Georgia, after debating hard over what to do about going to Lisa's wedding in Indiana, and braking the bank to do it (literaly) I also had clinical checkoffs that following monday, those were very nervewracking, ( basically have to preform the procedures in front of an instructor in a timed enviroment ) there were 5 in all , I passed the first one but failed the next, but I was able to pull it back together to finish off the next 3 and only fail 1 out of 5. It hurt so badly to miss her wedding, because out of all of my friends she was the only 1 at my wedding literaly. ( I'm not perticarly fond of how low budget it was) So I checked all avenues to see if I could make it work, I looked into flying on a buddy pass, but when I found out I would have to take all the boys that idea flew out the window. Next I thought of driving up but then money came into play and I was really worried about not having enough money to put in car to get up there , ideas of being stranded 400 miles from anyone kinda scared me . When I finally came to the decision that I couldnt go I decided to use what little money I did have to get her a gift. The only comforting thought I had was that we dont really talk or see each other anymore and I doubted that she would even mind if I didnt go. Besides she had her two best friends from high school there for her who would cover for those of us who couldnt come. This eased my mind alot about not making it be it true or not. In the end , I've not been to any of my friends weddings, nor have I ever been in a wedding lol so I guess im just not cut out to be wedding material. As for nursing, I just am getting started but I hope I can be a better nurse than friend.

2 comments:

  1. We had a good time and wished you'd been there. Keep working hard in nursing school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard with you being so far away-we totally understand! We missed you though, D & I were sort of outnumbered with their other friends (that seemed to be mostly lawyers!). When I was taking pictures I kept thinking, what will Angie want to see? So I thought about you all day and missed you being there!

    Putting your school first is what you have to do at this phase-and I'm sure Lisa of all of us understands that; brainiac that she is :)

    ReplyDelete