Thursday, May 7, 2009

capturing time

As I've told some of you already, my mom , whom most of you have met, found out this past week that she has a large tumor in the back lower part of her head. They don't know weather it is cancerous yet but it is rather important that she have it removed immediately since it is pushing on her brain. Like a mother usually is she called me all calm and collected to tell me but from the moment she started talking I knew it was something she was worried about. At that point I had to make some discussions, should i travel up to OH ( a 12 hour trip) to be there with her?, I really wanted to, but we don't have any spare cash right now, since we are working so hard to pay back our debt. Everything is budgeted. I spent the evening praying and asking God for the surgery to go well. I don't want her to know how nervous I really am about her surgery, but I know the complications to this surgery could kill her. And she just recovered from her breast cancer a few years ago. And while I sit thinking of all the uncomfortable moments to come, spending time alone with my Dad, talking to my brother, seeing my sister, I know I have to do this for her, Because I know she would do it for me. I wanted to document this event now because I might not feel up to it for a while and will loose the details of the event. For those of you interested , I'll post updates on her when she has the surgery on the 13th. Please keep her in your prayers and thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's quick! I'm continuing to pray for the surgeons to peform their job with skill and for your mom's healing and recovery as well as for all of your family emotionally. You're not alone and neither is she!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying here, too, for guided hands and smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete