Friday, May 29, 2009

school is out and it's time for summer

School ended on Wednesday here and kids are already cramming in as much playtime as possible and for me that means tons of added work. Since Chon's back to being a Drill Sgt. and they just picked up their new batch of troops I wont be seeing from him for about a week or two. This means its just me to get everything done. There are some good things that are coming out of this summer though, Mom is allowed to come down and visit us, and they made the outdoor swimming pool on post FREE this year so I am taking the kids every weekend to go swimming since I wont have class on Saturdays. Wyatt is enjoying his summer days playing as well as school. While summer has gotten off to a rocky start with me hitting a piece of metal on the road and blowing out the tire on our car, I think we will be okay and I'm hoping that my interview for the LPN program went better than my sonography one and I get in this July. I always enjoy summer time so much, being outdoors talking with family, playing games going to watch the kids play baseball, grilling out, there is so much to do and not enough time, and with Tonio turning 10 this next month its getting harder to figure out that boy by the second. lol So enjoy your summer months!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah still has a week left and then we'll be on to our summer activities. I'm thinking of taking a slower time of summer this year with just swim lessons and no camps. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure having a 10 year old is challenging (and I'm not looking forward to it!), but the good part his he is big enough to help out, especially since Chon's going to be working so much. I do appreicate it that as the boys get bigger I can add another responsibility to their list of taking care of themselves. I hope you all have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete