Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cancelling events

Our family has always had emotional issues when doing anything, so as a result we rarely do family events together. I tend to avoid them for the sake of loosing it in public, I hate having to yell or get stared at in public. So going out to eat, going bowling, camping, anything is a real effort for me. I found out that my husband planned on taking us to the gulf of Mexico in Florida for our anniversary this next coming week and It hurt me that he planned this event knowing that I am absolutely appalled by my body and to get into a bathing suit is like walking around naked to me. All the stares and whispering is enough to kill me honestly. So instead of it being a joyous and thoughtful event, it was a painful and heartbreaking one. I immediately went to work asking him to cancel it, telling him we don't have the cash for this trip, partly because we don't. and that I thought it was unfair since he kept telling me I couldn't go home because of the cash situation but we could go to Florida.... Basically I laid on the guilt.... big time.... which is something I am very good at doing to myself . I know I am the only one responsible for loosing the weight, but some times my depression gets the best of me and I cop out. So finally last night after 2 nights of quilting he caved in and said yeah we don't need to go on the trip, we can just do something here, (the sad part was , I didn't even want that, I just wanted to go about my week normally and forget it all together) " sure " I told him. Looking back , I guess I should have let it go, after all its his anniversary too, I could have suffered thru it as I usually do.

2 comments:

  1. That's rough! Maybe you could find something that you would both enjoy that wouldn't involve you getting in a swim suit? I know Tim doesn't seen as many faults with my body as I do and just wants to be with me. And, you're right, it's his anniversary too.

    It's good to take time to celebrate each other and what you have (your children) and what you've accomplished (staying married). Sometimes you need "do" something to show it!

    Hope you do something spectactular to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Janelle. Andy doesn't notice my flaws as much as I do. He loves me for me and as far as others are concerned, I've decided that as long as my husband and children love me, others' opinions don't really matter to me. And quite frankly, most people are too self-involved to be looking at me anyway.

    ReplyDelete