Saturday, February 7, 2009

Should I stay or should I go?

Well we found out yesterday that we are moving in September back to Kentucky. If this were after I had completed my college I would be fine with it, but I'm still waiting to see if I got into the program. If I did I will have two options, either turn down my spot and leave or I can move off post with my 3 boys and rent here while my husband goes on to Kentucky and move over there in about a year. Either way isn't great in my opinion. I really want to stay and get the classes if I make it , but I also know that Medical Diagnostic Sonography is new program at the school and hasn't been accredited yet. There is a huge demand for sonographers though so coming from an accredited school might not be a huge problem to get started in the field but its at the back of my mind. I'm hoping maybe I can transfer some of my college courses to another school up there as a possibility to finish up but I have heard that a technical school's classes cant be transferred. There is always a road block. As I look at the situation its kinda funny, on one hand its super stressful to decide what to do but I cant help thinking I asked for this because I have been praying to God for him to move us out of this crappy housing for months now lol. So in a way he answered my prayers but not the way i expected him too. God has a great sense of humor. So now I'm stuck with the big decision of if I get into the school program do I take the spot and stay here with the boys on my own until December 2010 or pass it up and move to Kentucky with my husband and look for something there and put my college on hold yet again. Its a truly tough decision for me and I'm so torn.

2 comments:

  1. That IS a big decision. Another friend of mine is in a similar position. Her husband is starting a new job in March and will be living about 90 miles away from her and her two boys. She's going to continue to work full-time and live in their current home until it sells.

    It's less than ideal but in the long run, it's the best choice for them. And hopefully it'll only be a few months.

    It sounds like you'd be living apart for about 4 months, right? But after that, you'd be ablet to get a job in your new location doing something you like, correct? That seems like a pretty viable option.

    Again, less than ideal but it's not forever and in the end, you'll be in a better position for making the sacrifice.

    Good luck making your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I agree with D though, it wouldn't be hateful. You could also look into what schools there (KY) would accept you as a transfer and what would or wouldn't transfer--maybe it wouldn't be a big deal to just move and do school there. Try not to stress about it until you know more fully what you can do in KY.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete