Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moving on...

well lots has been happening lately here in GA, I've been waiting patiently to hear back from my college program to see if I made the cut, we are also waiting to hear back from my husbands branch commander to see if his orders to Ft. Campbell can be deleted and give us the extension he put in for. And while all that waiting is going on other things have been put on hold like, finding a summer camp for the boys, figuring out the best way to fit in a vacation this year. Still other things have been put off permanently such as, getting my tattoo.. I know many of you were opposed to this anyway and probably see it as for the best. Out of all of these new found discoveries and waiting for a new path to start for my family, the one that I'm slowly coming to terms with is letting go of the past. I've tried diligently to keep up with people I assumed where friends of mine from the past, but I'm finding out that many of them were simply just social friends. And while it pains me to think that I might not have any true friendships, I know that there is a small chance social friends can become true friends. If any lessons come from starting down this new path it will be I have to let go of the past, and move on .

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of you a little bit ago and wondered if you'd found anything out yet, and it looks like you are still waiting to hear. Waiting is so hard!

    It sounds like you are in a period of your life where you are re-evaluating many different things and with that always comes learning truths, and making choices.

    I have trouble with friendships myself, but I've come to terms with it and am in a very happy place with my life. I find that I don't have time to maintain friendships like I would like to and raise my boys too. They'll grow up and I'll miss my chance to direct and guide them; so for me the answer is to put that part of my life on hold somewhat until I know they're the Godly men I've been called to raise.

    Anyway, know that I think of you often even if I don't reach out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you decided against the tattoo. I have three and am getting two more. My sister just got her first using the "pastor discount" from a local shop. I laughed. Hope you get some answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard for most moms in our station of life to maintain solid friendships and put appropriate effort into childrearing. I agree with Janelle. And it seems to me that friendships EVOLVE as we age and what we used to call friendship might not look the same as they used to look. But this doesn't mean that they don't exist...we just have to change our paradigms to recognize them in their new forms.

    I'm sending lots of patient hugs and hoping you get some answers soon.

    ReplyDelete